Saturday, July 18, 2009

Windows 7

If Microsoft wants Windows 7 to succeed, to do better than limp like Vista, it has to convince the majority of users to ditch their comfortable-as-an-old-shoe -- older than an old shoe, actually -- OS.

Microsoft has to beat itself by one-upping its most successful OS edition of all time: Windows XP.

In response, Microsoft actually extended the availability of XP until April 2011.

I recently installed Windows 7 on a testing pc in the office and everyone in the office has been very happy with it. We've had a couple things that we've had to work through, a few driver issues and getting the sata to usb devices to read but other than that it has been great. I am running it on a pentium 4 machine with 1 gig of ram and it is much faster than Vista is on my high end laptop. To make a long story short I've preordered a copy for my computers and I look forward to migrating people to it shortly.

No comments: